West Indies vs Australia 2nd ODI preview and players to look out for.
West Indies vs Australia Highlights
- West Indies and Australia are set to go head to head in their second ODI match of their series.
- This match will start on 23rd July at 12:00 am.
- Australia came out victorious in their first match by 133 runs.
- West Indies struggled big time against AUS’s bowlers in their first match. With only Keiron Pollard managing to score 56 while the rest of the card couldn’t even break 20.
- West Indies struggled really badly in this match. They were really rusty in their last game due to not having much practice in ODI matches lately. Walsh dismissed 5 Australians in the final few overs of the match which lowered the overall target. Keiron Pollard returned from injury and showed a decent outing. He scored 56 runs, which was the highest runs scored by this team. Their top order’s performance was really poor as Evan Lewis was dismissed at the very first ball of the innings. They were down 6 wickets by the end of the first 10 overs. This came off as an upset really as a lot of people thought WI would perform better after their last encounter with AUS. But Mitchel Starc’s phenomenal bowling put an end to WI’s momentum.
- Australia’s performance was outstanding. They needed to win this match and they did it spectacularly. Alex Carey scored an impressive 67 before being dismissed by Walsh. But their star player was undoubtedly Mitchel Starc. He took 5 crucial wickets and dismissed Evan Lewis in the very first ball of the innings. Even Hazlewood was great. He dismissed 3 and conceded only 11 runs in 6 overs. Australia really turned the tides after their crushing defeat to WI in their T20 series. They proved to everyone that they can be really good under ODI rules.
- They really have to look into their batting situation. Except Pollard everyone else was really struggling to play especially against Australian pacers. They need to make some changes, especially in their top order in order to stand a better chance against AUS.
- They have been the superior side against WI in ODI matches for quite some time. But with their captain sidelined with an injury and their crushing defeat against WI in their T20 series, the outcome of their last match was in the air. Australia capped off a decent showing. Matthew Wade and Henriques came out a bit short and could have a bigger impact on the game. But Alex Carey’s 67 gave them the push they needed in the first innings. In the bowling end, Zampa and Agar had decent showing but the real stars were Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood who took 5 and 3 wickets respectively. Their current order is perfect as evident from their last match. So expect to see this squad again in their second match.