Lovlina Borgohain is a rising boxing star who competes in the welterweight category. Lovlina Borgohain is a great female boxer from the north east region . she is excellent at Welterweight category also.
Family and Early Life
Lovlina Borgohain was born on 2nd October ,1997. She is mainly from the Golaghat district of Assam. Her father name is Tiken Borgohain who is a small-scale businessman and has financial issues to support her daughter dream. Her mother name is Mamoni Borgohain who is homemaker. She has two elder twin sisters and their names are Licha and Lima Borgohain who are also the national level of kickboxing and after sometimes they quit.
He did her schooling at Barpathar Girls High School and from this school only her boxing carrier started. In her school the sports authority of India held trials of boxing where Lovlina participated and noticed by the India coach. Later on she was selected and trained the Coach Padum Boro who began her training in 2012
Like her sisters She also started her carrier in kickboxing but after sometimes she changes into boxing.
Carrier in Boxing
- Lovlina started her carrier by participating in Commonwealth Games,2018, but later on, there was a controversy that she didn’t receive any official confirmation latter from the India boxing Team. At the commonwealth game, she lost the game to SANDY RYAN the player from the UK in the quarterfinals and SANDY RYAN won the gold medal in that category that year.
- In 2018 She was selected in the CWG which is the international boxing category where She won a gold medal in the welterweight category. she also won the bronze medal at the Asian Boxing Championship in 2017 which held in Vietnam and she also won a bronze medal at President’s Cup held in Astana in June 2017
- Later she was participated in Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia in June 2018 and secure a silver medal in that competition and also a bronze medal at the 13th International Silesian Championship in Poland in September 2018
- She represented INDIA for the first time in the 2018 AIBA Woman’s World Boxing Championship, which held in DELHI, and also won the bronze medal in the Welterweight category on 23rd November 2018
- In 2019 she got selected for her second woman’s world boxing championship in ulan-ude, Russia. She was defeated by china’s YANG LIU in the 69 kg category in semi-final by 2-3 and got the bronze medal.
- In March 2020, Borogohain won the Olympic berth in the 69 kg win over Maftunakhon Melieva of Uzbekistan in the Asia and Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualification Tournament. With this became the first sportswoman from Assam to qualify for the Olympics.
- She also got ARJUNA AWARD from President Ram Nath Kovind virtually for a mesmerizing performance.
- Now, Borgohain is getting trained in 69 kg boxer at Assisi, Italy for World Olympic qualifying event scheduled for May.