The Peshawar Zalmi started with a defeat at the hands of Lahore Qalandars by four wickets, but have made a decent comeback and are placed at the second spot in the points table. The team, captained by fast bowler Wahab Riaz, has three wins from the five games they have played thus far. So they will be looking for their 4th win in today’s match .
After winning three games on the trot, they lost to the Karachi Kings by six wickets. Another win may even take them to the top of the points table. Their next game is against Sohail Akhtar’s Qalandars itself in the second of Thursday’s doubleheader, this time at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Though history says that the Zalmi have an 8-3 record on head-to-head against the Qalandars, the latter has been in decent form in recent times. In the meantime, the Qalandars are placed in the middle of the points table and a victory will strengthen their chances of qualifying for the playoffs.
- Saqib Mahamood has been the standout performer for the Zalmi thus far. He mostly bowls at the death and has picked up 12 wickets from five games at an excellent economy rate of 7.98. Left-armer Mohammad Imran has been impressive as he has bowled a decent economy rate of 7.05.
- Skipper Wahab has eight wickets, but has leaked runs at 9.50. In the batting department, five of their batters have over 100 runs, showing the collective efforts of the unit. Sherfane Rutherford is their top run-scorer with 129 runs from five matches at an average and strike-rate of 43 and 151.76 respectively. It will be great to see his swings in the match.
- Predicted 11 : Kamran Akmal, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Haider Ali, Shoaib Malik, Ravi Bopara, Amad Butt, Sherfane Rutherford, Wahab Riaz, Saqib Mahmood, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Mohammad Imran
- For the Qalandars, Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad Hafeez have done the bulk of the scoring. Out of the duo, Hafeez has been the most effective as he averages in the 90s and has a strike-rate above 170. The rest of their batting hasn’t fired. Skipper Sohail Akhtar has looked a tad out of rhythm.
- Ben Dunk managed an unbeaten 57 in one of the games, but needs to be more consistent. In the bowling department, Shaheen Shah Afridi is their leading wicket-taker. Rashid Khan bowled economically in the first leg of the tournament, and he will need to shoulder some responsibility as well.
- Predicted XI : Fakhar Zaman, Zeeshan Ashraf, Sohail Akhtar, Mohammad Hafeez, Ben Dunk, Samit Patel, David Wiese/James Faulkner, Rashid Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Dilbar Hussain/Salman Mirza
PES vs LAH Match Head-to-Head
Played – 11 | Peshawar Zalmi – 8 | Lahore Qalandars – 3 | N/R – 0
Date : Thursday , June 10 ,2021 .
Time : 11.30 PM (IST)
Where to Watch live : Sony LIV , Sony Ten 1
Note : This Points table is as of 6.00 pm on June 9 , 2021 (The time when the match preview is written ) . For the latest Points table Click Here .
Thank You !
Follow the Author Here : Click on the Below Icon .