PM Narendra Modi has always been a huge supporter of the Indian Sports Community. He closely follows the athletes and multiple sports both at the National and International levels.
Recently, PM Narendra Modi has been busy motivating many Indian Athletes before the Tokyo Olympics 2020. He had an online meeting with various different athletes of the Indian Contingent. The meeting was streamed live on the PMO India Youtube channel. Watch the full video below:
Those present in the meeting were PM Narendra Modi, Secretary-Sports Shri Ravi Mittal, Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of Law and Justice Shri Kiren Rijiju, Indian athletes, and more.
The Prime Minister had individual conversations with many athletes of the Indian Contingent including PV Sindhu, Sania Mirza, Manpreet Pawar, and more.
Highlights from the PM Narendra Modi’s Live Stream
- Congratulated Dipika Kumari for winning a gold medal in Paris.
- Spoke with Mary Kom and asked her about her favorite boxer. To which she replied- “Mohammad Ali”.
- Interacted with the Indian Boxer Ashish Kumar, who recently lost his father due to COVID19. The PM had a long chat with him where he asked him about his motivation at such a young age. He even compared the boxer with Sachin Tendulkar as he had the same dedication for his game when his father died.
- He then asked PV Sindhu about her Ice Cream obsession.
- Then in Marathi PM Modi asked Pravin Jadhav “kasa kaay?” which means “How are you doing?”.
- He also talked to Neeraj Chopra and advised him not to be overwhelmed with the expectations.
- Later he said that this will be India’s biggest contingent in an Olympics comprising 126 athletes from 18 sports.
- He even asked the Public to come forward and wholeheartedly support the athletes.