PV Sindhu is on a run! She defeated the Japanese shuttler Akane Yamaguchi to enter the Semi-Finals. This is Sindhu’s 4th consecutive win at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
PV Sindhu has been absolutely magnificent at the Olympics this year. She has won all her matches with complete dominance over her opponents. Sidhu has won all four matches by winning the first two consecutive rounds by major game points.
Each other’s Playing styles are well-known to Sindhu and Yamaguchi. This pair has faced off 18 times, with Sindhu holding an 11-7 win-loss advantage.
Match Highlights: PV Sindhu vs. Akane Yamaguchi
- The first round started with full energy from both the shuttlers. Yamaguchi started well by winning longer relays. Sindhu did a strong comeback and quickly took the lead with her signature smashes.
- Sindhu maintained a five point lead. Later, owing to some nrevous mistakes from her opponent the round ended at 21-13 in favor of Sindhu.
- The second half was a tough fight by Yamaguchi. Owing to her jump shots, smashes, and unforced errors from Sindhu, Yamaguchi was able to give a close fight to Sindhu.
- The game was tied at 20-20 but Sindhu won the round with two consecutive points to secure her place in the semi-finals.
- The game ended after round two at 2-0 in Sindhu’s favor. The final tally of the rounds being- (21-13 and 22-20).