India vs Germany: Indian Women’s Hockey team has had a rough start at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. India lost 5-1 to The Netherlands in the Opening Game. The Indian Women’s Hockey Team faced Germany in their next match. However, the outcome was no different. Germany dominated India and the match ended at 2-0 with the score in favor of the Germans.
Highlights: India vs Germany
- Germany Started building pressure on the Indian Team in the First Quarter. German captain Nike Lorenz scored a screming penalty corner.
- After the first quarter. India started building pressure on Germany. Another penalty corner was awarded to Germany which was well-defended by Salima Tete.
- The third quarter had some real chances for India. Vandana won a penalty corner which was taken by Rani Rampal. The ball went behind the goal. Rani appealed for a check for a penalty stroke and was awarded. Gurjit Kaur took the penalty stroke but missed it. The shot hit the post sfter some deflection from the German Keeper.
- Germany quickly recovered from this when Anne Schröder scored a magnificent bottom corner. The score was a comfortble 2-0 at the end of the fourth quarter.
- Germany held India well in the last quarter. Indian Team got another chance when Vandana took a shot at the goal but it the crossbar. The match ended with the final score of 2-0 in favor of Germany.