27th July Highlights: Many Indian Athletes competed in various sports on Day 5 of the Olympics. These sports include sailing, shooting, hockey, and more. Here are the highlights of the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 on 27th July.
Complete 27th July Highlights | India at the Olympics 2020
- 6:15 A.M. IST: Shooting pair Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary qualified for the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Stage 2.
- Mixed Shooting Team Event: Yashaswini Deswal and Abhishek Verma finish 17th with a total of 564 points. They failed to qualify further.
- Manu-Saurabh duo finish 7th in the qualification stage 2. Sadly, their Tokyo Olympics 2020 Journey ended there.
- India win a dominating game against Spain in the Men’s Pool A Hockey Competition. The game finished at 3-0 in India’s favor.
- 10:00 A.M. IST: Sharath Kamal bowed out of the Tokyo Olympics 2020. He was defeated by Ma Long.
- Nethra Kumanan comes in 32nd place in Laser Radial Race 5. Meanwhile, another Indian sailor, Vishnu Saravanan, comes in 23rd place in Laser Race 4.
- Tough luck for Chirag-Satwik: They were placed at number 3 in their Pool. Ther missed the cut by a whisker. The dou bowed out of Tokyo Olympics after winnig people’s love and respect.
- Lovlina beats Germany’s Nadine Apetz by split decision 3-2. She defeated her opponent in the 69 kg boxing category.
- Varun Thakkar and KC Ganapathy finished Race 1 at the 18th spot in Sailing.
Stay tuned for more Olympics action!! #cheer4India #Indiaattheolympics