Mumbai Indians pulled off another professional win. The defending champions started off with a loss but came back brilliantly. They always have a plan which they stick to and their players deliver in almost every game. SRH, on the other hand, have a lot to ponder upon, especially their middle order. It seems beyond the top 3, they don’t have batters who can finish games for them. The winning team stagnated a target of 151 runs for the Deccan crew which the latter did not make.
A combined bowling effort led by Rahul Chahar (3/19) helped Mumbai Indians beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 13 runs in Chennai. Kieron Pollard was awarded as the Man of the match who scored 35* in 22 deliveries. The man of the match says it depends on the situation as to who goes out to bat in the middle. He adds that the batsman has to decide their strong areas and see what the bowler is trying to do. The Mumbai Skipper, Rohit Sharma said it was all a great effort from the bowlers and they executed the plans well.
On the other hand, the Hyderabad Captain shows disappointment to lose like this. About his own wicket he mentions it as a ball in the fielder’s coach.
Winning and defeating, that caps off another game in the Indian T20 League 2021. Once again Mumbai have managed to hold their nerves and seal the deal in a close game. Once again Hyderabad have lost the game after being ahead.
Mumbai Indians innings:
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 53 runs, 0 wicket)
- Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 5.3 overs (34 balls), Extras 6
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (Q de Kock 16, RG Sharma 28, Ex 6)
- Strategic Timeout: Mumbai Indians – 71/2 in 8.3 overs (Q de Kock 23)
- Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 14.2 overs (87 balls), Extras 8
- Strategic Timeout: Mumbai Indians – 101/3 in 15.0 overs (Ishan Kishan 9, KA Pollard 2)
- Mumbai Indians: 150 runs in 19.6 overs (121 balls), Extras 11
- Innings Break: Mumbai Indians – 150/5 in 20.0 overs (KA Pollard 35, KH Pandya 3)
Sunrisers Hyderabad innings:
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 57 runs, 0 wicket)
- Over 1.1: Review by Mumbai Indians (Bowling), Umpire – CB Gaffaney, Batsman – JM Bairstow (Struck down)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 50 runs in 4.4 overs (28 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (DA Warner 10, JM Bairstow 40, Ex 1)
- Strategic Timeout: Sunrisers Hyderabad – 57/0 in 6.0 overs (DA Warner 15, JM Bairstow 41)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 100 runs in 13.4 overs (82 balls), Extras 5
- Strategic Timeout: Sunrisers Hyderabad – 120/5 in 16.0 overs (V Shankar 20, Abdul Samad 1)
- Over 17.6: Review by Sunrisers Hyderabad (Batting), Umpire – CB Gaffaney, Batsman – Rashid Khan (Struck down)