Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are going head to head in a series of ODI matches starting on 16th July.
- Bangladesh and Zimbabwe look forward to starting another ODI series on 16th July.
- This is the first of three ODI matches that these two sides are going to play.
- These two are set to play a series of T20 matches as well after this ODI series.
- The last time these teams met was on July 7th, 2021 where Bangladesh defeated Zimbabwe by 220 runs.
- Odds are strongly in favour of Bangladesh to win tomorrow’s match but time will tell who comes out on top.
Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh ,Recent Form
- Bangladesh have an upper hand against Zimbabwe here as they beat them recently in a one-off test match by 220 runs. Before that Bangladesh defeated Sri Lanka in an ODI series by 2-1 points. So Bangladesh is more than ready for tomorrow’s match against Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe however hasn’t had that much success in recent matches. They have won only 1 match in the past 10 games they played. This included a major loss against Bangladesh, and losses against Pakistan in back to back Test and T20 series. They need to give everything they have to win this match tomorrow.
Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh, Team News
- Bangladesh seems to be going with their original team but with some major changes. Mustafizur Rehman is probably going to miss out on tomorrow’s match due to a knee injury during warm-up on Wednesday. The Bangladeshi captain said it’s a 50-50 chance he will play tomorrow. Meanwhile, Mushfiqur Rahim is confirmed to miss out on the rest of the tour as he returns to Dhaka due to some personal reasons. Tamim Iqbal picked up an injury himself and had to miss out on the one-off Test. but he was very confident that he will play tomorrow.
“My injury is in such a state that it will not go away quickly. It will not heal in five to six days. The physio gave me a plan. Hopefully, I can manage it in the series,”
Tamim Iqbal about his injury.
- On the Zimbabwe side, Roy Kaia was reported for a suspected bowling action after the one-off test match against Bangladesh. He is allowed to bowl in international cricket until his action is assessed so there is a chance he might be missing out on tomorrow’s match.