WI vs AUS 3rd T20 Preview
- This is the third match in the T20 series between Australia and West Indies which will be played at Darren Sammy Cricket Stadium in Gros Islet, St Lucia.
- Chris Gayle’s average has fallen below 30 as he continues to suffer from terrible form but meanwhile Hetmyer has produced the highest score of his T20 innings and Pooran is showing major success as the captain after Pollard was side-lined with injury.
- While West Indies have had a staggering start in the series, they still suffer in their top order.
- This series may come to an end tomorrow if Australia suffer from another defeat so they need to give everything they got to win and stay in the game.
- The start of the series has been devastating for the Australians as they suffered two consecutive losses to West Indies.
Recent Form (WI vs AUS 3rd T20)
Australia has been on a small losing streak of late as they suffered two defeats against West Indies and another defeat against New Zealand in their previous series. If Australia loses this series, it will mark their third consecutive T20 series defeat.
West Indies haven’t seen much success when it comes to winning series either. They lost 3-2 against South Africa in their T20 series. However, these past few wins maybe a second win for the West Indies team as they have shown major improvements in their play and players like Hetmyer and Pooran have had amazing runs.
Team News For WI vs AUS 3rd T20
- For West Indies it seems as Nicholas Pooran will lead again as the captain for the side as Pollard is still out with an injury.
- Fidel Edwards picked up an arm injury in their previous game so he is likely to be replaced with Obed McCoy or Oshane Thomas if they prefer a right arm bowler.
- In the Australian side, the head coach hinted that they are looking to strengthen their pace-bowling.
- That would mean Jason Behrendorff, Riley Meredith, AJ Tye or Wes Agar could have a shot of being in the squad in the next game as all of them are fast bowlers.
What Experts Says About This Series:
I think it was one of my best T20 innings. I think I paced it quite well. It really worked out well for me with the guys backing me to be the guy to just take it as deep as possible.Shimron Hetmyer after winning POTM in the last game
Disappointing we could get the chase done but the understand was we learnt a lot of that. Game two, we were just outplayed. That’s one in the T20 format, you put a lot of planning and prep into it, they just outdid us. They put us under great pressure with the ball. Can happen in T20 where you have the blowout.Andrew McDonald summarizing their series so far.