Sri Lanka vs India 2nd ODI match is set to happen on 20th July 3:00 pm IST.
Sri Lanka vs India Highlights
- This is the second match in a series of ODI matches between Sri Lanka and India.
- India won their first bout by 7 wickets with 80 balls remaining.
- India’s dominating performance was all thanks to Shikhar Dhawan, Ishan Kishan, and Prithvi Shaw.
- Sri Lanka lacks good batsmen. If it were not for Chamika Karunaratne’s 43*, they would’ve had a really awful inning.
- Shikar Dhawan proved to everyone again why he is one of the top players in ODI. With a staggering 86* He led India to an easy win.
- Sri Lanka really struggled in their last match against India. They have been struggling recently with massive losses against the likes of England and Bangladesh. Latter of which was played under ODI rules. They really fail to play their bowlers well during the middle overs. Their fielding was also poor in the last match and they have a long list of improvements they need to make to have any chance against the Indian behemoths.
- India however have been dominating to say the least. They have a really strong top order with the likes of Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan and Ishan Kishan. In recent matches they have beaten the likes of England in ODI matches. Their bowlers are top class as well. With the likes of Chahal, Deepak Chahar and Kuldeep Yadav getting 2 wickets each in their previous match. They are a clear favourite going into this match.
- Sri Lanka’s Dushmantha Chameera capped off a great performance in their last match. Although he did not take any wickets, he made the Indian batsmen very uncomfortable. However he’s very injury prone but Sri Lanka cannot risk not selecting him for the next match. They are likely to replace Udana for the next match. Lahira Kumura is a likely candidate to replace him.
- Sri Lanka’s potential squad: Avishka Fernando, Minod Bhanuka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Lakshan Sandakan,Lahiru Kumara
- In the Indian camp, the top order is perfect as is. Krunal Pandya’s decent performance in the previous match may ensure him a place in the next one as well. Apart from them, Bhubaneshwar Kumar is likely to be dropped in the next match for Navdeep Saini. Kumar has been slightly off lately.
- India’s potential squad: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan (C),Ishan Kishan, Manish Pandey, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal.