Chennai Super Kings were the first team to qualify for the IPL playoffs after the win against SRH. Dhoni’s men who finished bottom last season, have turned their fortunes and are looking like strong contenders to reach the Final. Rajasthan Royals need to win this game if they want to be in with a chance of reaching the Playoffs.
Chennai Super Kings
CSK looks like a completely different unit than what they did last year. The arrival of Moeen Ali has really provided balance to that team, as the top order always goes for a blistering start, and the middle order keeps it ticking and hits big shots when necessary. Dwayne Bravo’s bowling form has been crucial in the second phase of IPL 2021, and the combination of Hazlewood and Chahar is working very well for the men in yellow.
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf Du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Josh Hazlewood
Rajasthan Royals lost their last game vs RCB and only looked good in a few patches this season. Sanju Samson and Mustafizur Rahman have been their two main performers in the batting and bowling area. The opening partnership of Lewis and Jaiswal has been in good knick but needs support from the others. The Spin department also needs to do more in helping the bowling attack.
Evin Lewis, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Liam Livingstone, Mahipal Lomror, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kartik Tyagi, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman.
Faf Du Plessis vs Mustafizur Rahman
Evin Lewis vs Deepak Chahar
Liam Livingstone vs Moeen Ali
IPL 2021: Stats that Matter
- Du Plessis and Gaikwad together have run in 830+, the highest for an opening partnership this season
- Dwayne Bravo has the highest strike rate of IPL 2021(268).
- CSK are yet to lose a game in phase 2 of the IPL
- Samson is only two runs behind Shikhar Dhawan for the orange cap(452).
- Moeen Ali has the highest economy amongst all IPL spinners ( 5.94).
- Chris Morris has a very high bowling economy(9.40).