Mark your calendars everyone, India vs Pakistan is set to happen on 24th October in Dubai. These two will clash in the group stage of the WT20 Championship. The groups were decided on the basis of World Rankings.
So India and Pakistan both landed in the Group 2 of the Championship. New Zealand, Afghanistan, and 2 more will join them in the group.
India vs Pakistan Head to Head
- It is no doubt that India and Pakistan are arguably the greatest rivals in cricket history.
- The tense relationship between these two nations politically leads to this intriguing sports rivalry.
- They first went head to head in 1952 when Pakistan toured India for a Test series.
- They last competed in the 2019 World Cup in Manchester, England. India beat Pakistan by 89 runs.
- They have played a total of 199 games across all formats and India have just won 70 and Pakistan won 86 (43 draws).
- They have played 8 T20 matches however with India prevailing 6 times and Pakistan just 1 (1 draw).
This will arguably be the most anticipated match in the group stages of the World T20 Championship. Expect there to be several developments in T20 cricket now that the Championship is almost 2 months away.