India vs England first test match is set to begin tomorrow at 3:30 pm IST. You can watch it live on Sony Sports Network and SonyLIV.
India vs England Highlights
- This is a 5 match test series that will kick off tomorrow.
- India has a very poor record in England in Test matches.
- This will be played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham. The pitch here favors both batsmen and bowlers.
The weather will be pleasant in Nottingham tomorrow so expect the match to go on without any hiccups. But England’s unpredictable weather conditions may have some implications.
Head to Head Records
- India and England have played a total of 126 Tests matches against each other.
- India and England have won 48 and 29 respectively.
- However, India has been less successful when it comes to playing in England.
- They have won just 7 games out of the 62 played.
- The last game these two played was in 2018. England beat India 4-1 in that series.
India vs England First Test Team Analysis
This is a crucial match for the Indian Team. They have been widely unsuccessful against England in Test Matches. This time around they look forward to beating them but the odds are not much in their favor. A lot of their players have been ruled out of playing due to injuries. The latest amongst them being Mayank Agarwal, who was already a substitute opener. It would be interesting to see who opens with Rohit Sharma in the first match.
The pitch conditions look solid for the Indian spinners. So expect to see them play in this match.
Predicted Squad: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, KL Rahul, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Siraj, Ishant Sharma.
The Englishmen have the home side advantage. But they have been marred with major missing players as well. Ben Stokes announced that he will be taking a break from cricket and will not play this series. Craig Overton has been named his replacement.
Predicted Squad: Joe Root (c), Rory Burns, Craig Overton, Dominic Sibley, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Sam Curran, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Dominic Bess, Stuart Broad, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson.