England vs India kicked off yesterday at Trent Bridge, Nottingham. The Englishmen won the toss and elected to bat first.
England vs India Highlights
- England were off to a decent start in the day. But they ended up suffering against Shami and Bumrah near the end of their innings.
- Joe Root capped a great performance for England. He scored 64 off 108 balls.
- However there were multiple batsmen who failed to perform well in the English side. Jos Butler, Roy Burns and Dan Lawrence were all dismissed at 0 runs.
- Shami and Bumrah were phenomenal in the match however, as both got 3 and 4 wickets respectively.
- As the day came to an end, India started their inning and scored 21-0 in 13 overs.
The English team was decent but there were some areas where they needed some work. Roy Burns was dismissed in the very first over by Bumrah at 0 runs.
Joe Root was probably the best batter in the English side on the day. He scored 64 runs off 108 balls which was responsible for pushing the team to 183.
Sam Curran, Jonny Barristow, and Zak Crawley were all good at batting as well.
Their bowlers were off to a decent start, however. They failed to take any wickets in the first 13 overs and they need to work hard on Day 2 to see it through.
India’s bowling was very good. They started off on a great note by dismissing Roy Burns in the very first over.
Bumrah and Shami both capped off solid performances in the match as they got 4 and 3 wickets each.
Siraj and Shardul Thakur also took a few wickets and overall they were solid in their bowling.
With how things started for them in their batting department, it looks like they can really win this match. Sharma and Rahul scored 9 each and they managed to hold India in the 13 overs.
This is a very crucial match for India and they desperately need a win here. So expect them to play at their best for the upcoming days to see themselves through to victory. This will be one exciting series to watch.