England vs India 1st Test Match came to a disappointing end. The match was stopped due to heavy rainfall and it’s a draw between these two.
England vs India Highlights
- England and India started their Test series on 4th August 2021 with a bang.
- The first innings saw some phenomenal performances by Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami.
- Jasprit Bumrah capped off a great performance taking a total of 9 wickets.
- The Indian’s were solid in their bowling as always. They were also decent in their batting.
- KL Rahul capped a great performance by scoring 84 runs in the first innings.
- England wasn’t far behind however as their skipper Joe Root scored an insane 109 in the second inning and a great 64 in the first.
- Ollie Robinson is the MVP in England’s bowling department. He took 5 wickets in the first Indian innings. He was the one who dismissed Virat Kohli at 0.
- There were some rain delays during the match but the heavy rainfall during India’s second innings was enough for the officials to call this match off as a draw.
- Both teams now have 4 points in the World Test Championship and it will be interesting to see what transpires in the second Test match.
England vs India Team Review
The English team was a really solid one, to say the least. With the absence of Ben Stokes, they had some shoes to fill in and I think they did a wonderful job at that.
Joe Root was by far the most successful batsman in the match. He scored an amazing 109 in their second innings to push their total to 303 runs.
The other batsmen in the English lineup were great as well. With the likes of Jonny Bairstow and Sam Curran showing incredible potential and will definitely do better in the second match.
Their bowling was really good as well. Unfortunately, we could not see them much in action in the final innings. But their performance in the first innings was enough to woe us. Ollie Robinson and James Anderson took some incredible key wickets in the top order of the Indian lineup. Robinson dismissed Kohli at 0.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with at Lord’s in their next match.
Also Read England vs India Day 1 Results
The Indian team was very unfortunate heading towards this series. Several of our players suffered from injuries that barred them from the match and it was very difficult for the team to reorganize their lineup. But I think they did a really good job.
India shined in their bowling. Jasprit Bumrah is no doubt the star bowler of the match as he took a total of 9 wickets. Mohammed Shami and Shardul Thakur took 4 wickets each.
Their batting lineup was a mystery going into the match as they lost a lot of their batters due to injuries. But watching KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma open on Day 1 showed that we have a lot of good things coming our way.
KL Rahul scored an amazing 83 runs in the first innings and Jadeja was solid as well as he scored 56 runs. Unfortunately, we could not see them play their second innings due to rain but I am sure we were in for a treat.