Six candidates, including incumbent Ravi Shastri, were on Monday short-listed for the high-profile post of the Indian cricket team’s head coach.
- Mike Hesson – former New Zealand coach
- Tom Moody – ex-Australia all-rounder and Sri Lanka coach
- Phil Simmons – former West Indies all-rounder and Afghanistan coach
- Lalchand Rajput – ex-India team manager
- Robin Singh – former India fielding coach
- Shastri – Former Coach of India Last Term
Here is the final shortlisted candidate list which was issued by BCCI.
The candidates will give a presentation to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) headed by the legendary Kapil Dev, and a final decision will be arrived at by end of this week or early next week.
Besides the country’s first World Cup-wining skipper Dev, the newly-appointed CAC comprises Anshuman Gaekwad and former women’s team captain Shantha Rangaswamy.